First Visit For Adults & Children
What you need for your arrival:
- Your referral slip and any X-rays if applicable
- A list of medications you are currently taking
- Completed forms of your medical or dental insurance
- X-rays: If your previous dentist has taken x-rays within 6 months or a full set of x-rays within 3 years, you may forward them to our office.
IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 at the consultation visit.
The first visit for children is focused on comfort and building trust. Visits will include the child taking a "ride" in the dental chair, counting the child's teeth, and meeting Mr. Thirsty who drinks up all the water from a cup!
Payment is due at the time service is rendered unless other arrangements have been made in advance. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and checks. All patients are responsible for paying fees charged by the office regardless of insurance coverage.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (973) 338-9595
Delta Dental Premier
Our office only participates in network with Delta Dental Premier. Patients are responsible for their bill, all copays and deductibles as per their participation agreement. Our staff is well-informed and can help you as needed. We make every effort to provide you with the finest care and the most convenient financial options. To accomplish this, we work hand-in-hand with you to maximize your insurance reimbursement for covered procedures.
Infection control and universal precautions protect our patients and staff. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone of a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. If you have any questions or concerns about this matter or want to learn more about our infection control process, please don't hesitate to ask Dr. Yeh or the staff.
Dr.Yeh and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These measures include:
- Disinfectant hand soap
- Gloves and face masks
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Disposable materials
Sterilization is a key component to a healthy and safe dental office. We use an autoclave, a device to kill bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure. After each patient, the rooms are cleaned thoroughly and carefully. Maintenance and assurance of sterilization is performed regularly to ensure that all instruments are safe for patient use. Our sterilization room is open for inspection and visible to all patients as they walk down the hall.
For Your Comfort
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better prepared you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about the daily procedures and policies in Dr. Yeh's office, the more comfortable you will feel!
Home Care Instructions
After Cosmetic Reconstruction
- Remember that it will take time to adjust to the feel of your new bite. When the bite is altered or the position of the teeth is changed it takes several days for the brain to recognize the new position of your teeth or their thickness as normal. It is normal to experience some hot and cold sensitivity. The teeth require some time to heal after removal of tooth structure and will be sensitive in the interim. Your gums may also be sore for a few days.
- Recommended: Warm salt water rinses (a teaspoon of salt in a cup of warm water) three times a day will reduce pain and swelling. A mild pain medication (one tablet of Tylenol or Ibuprofen (Motrin) every 3-4 hours) should ease any residual discomfort. (Please check with your physician for any allergies or contraindications.)
- Speech: Don't be concerned if your speech is affected for the first few days. You'll quickly adapt and be speaking normally. You may notice increased salivation. This is because your brain is responding to the new size and shape of your teeth. This should subside to normal in about a week.
- Dental Maintenance:
- Daily brushing and flossing
- Avoid hard foods & substances, and sticky candies
- Avoid or minimize foods that stain (coffee, red wine, tea, and berries)
- Smoking will stain your new teeth
- Sports/Grinding teeth: we can provide a custom mouthguard/nightguard
If you have any problems or concerns, call our office at 973-338-9595 so we can schedule an adjustment appointment.
After Crown and Bridge Appointments
- First Visit:
- Teeth are prepared and molds of the mouth are taken
- Temporary crowns or bridges are placed to protect the teeth while the custom restoration is being made
- Since the teeth will be anesthetized, the tongue, lips, and roof of the mouth may be numb
- If the Temporary Crown Comes Off: Please schedule an appointment. When you come into the office, please bring the temporary crown with you so we can replace it. It is very important for the temporary to stay in place, as it will prevent other teeth from moving and compromising the fit of your final restoration.
- Sensitivity: It is normal to experience some temperature and pressure sensitivity after the appointment. The sensitivity should subside a few weeks after the placement of the final restoration. Mild pain medications may also be used as directed by our office.
- Duration: 1-3 weeks to complete
- Dental Maintenance:
- Please refrain from eating and drinking hot beverages until the numbness has completely worn off
- Dr. Yeh will review oral hygiene instructions at your first visit
- Do not eat anything sticky that can pull the temporary crown off
After Composite Fillings (White Fillings)
- Sensitivity: It is normal to experience some temperature and pressure sensitivity after each appointment. The sensitivity should subside a few weeks after the placement of the final restoration. Mild pain medications may also be used as directed by our office.
- Dental Maintenance:
- Please refrain from eating and drinking hot beverages until the numbness has completely worn off.
Heated Aromatherapy Neck Pillow
During your visit, we will be offering a heated aromatherapy neck pillow to help you relax and feel at ease. Our patients love them and even the staff can be seen sporting the neck pillows whenever they get a chance. The neck pillows will both soothe your neck and keep you warm and comfortable during your appointment!